AFABC response to COVID-19
AFABC remains open. We're operating virtually with all staff working from home. Our physical office in Burnaby is closed to the public at this time. We recognize that your need for support may increase during this difficult time. We want to reassure you that our Family Support Workers and all our other services will continue to be available through phone, email, chat, Facebook, and our website.
We’re grateful that technology enables us to remain available and responsive to our community while doing our part to “flatten the curve” of COVID-19.
Here are a few highlights of our "COVID-friendly" virtual programs and services:
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter, Adoption Monthly, for AFABC updates plus adoption stories, parenting tips, community resources, fun contests, and more!
- Take the first step in your journey with Adoption Basics, a free one-hour self-paced online presentation on adoption and permanency in BC.
- Stuck at home? Watch a webinar. Good news, we're making all our webinars free for the foreseeable future. Take the time to learn something new.
- Join one of our weekly virtual support We also have three evening support groups per month - including one just for waiting parents and those new to adoption. Details can be found on the virtual support groups page. Grab a coffee and chat with our Family Support Workers and the community online.
- Youth and young adults—AgedOut.com has resources for you! The website has a COVID-19 info page: find federal and provincial information on the virus, as well as resources for youth.
Please note we are also unable to loan out books from our library right now.
Take care of yourselves and your families. And remember, our Family Support Workers are here to help. Reach out if you need to talk.