Have a question about Adoption Awareness Month? Ask us! Talk to us now using our online live chat.
Adoption Awareness Month
November is Adoption Awareness Month! Help celebrate families of all kinds and create awareness of the need for permanency.
Adoption Awareness Month has wrapped for 2021, but there are still tons of events and workshops happening every month. Join our monthly e-news to stay up to date with what's happening at AFABC and around BC.
Adoption Awareness Month takes place every November in BC to draw attention to the number of children and teens who are waiting for permanent homes through adoption, guardianship, kinship placement, or another form of permanency.
Successful adoption matches are based on the best fit for the child. That means that some adoptive families will be matched quickly, while others will wait longer. The greatest need is for adopters who are:
- open to adopting siblings;
- open to adopting a teenager; and/or
- open to adopting children with special needs (such as early abuse or neglect, behavioural challenges, learning disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder, or Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder).
Learn more about how to find your #FamilyThatFits.
All of our on-demand webinars are currently FREE for everyone. Check them out and learn something new, on us! Start watching at www.bcadoption.com/webinars.
Looking for more resources? Check out our Publications page for our collection of free, digital resource guides.
To learn more about adoption and permanency, visit bcadoption.com/meetthekids to watch videos and read stories about real families.
Help raise awareness about waiting children and youth by reaching out to your community.
Facebook cover photo - Meet the Kids
Facebook cover photo - Learn the Basics
Facebook cover photo - Teens need homes, too!
Instagram graphic - Meet the Kids
Instagram graphic - Learn the Basics
Facebook graphic - Meet the Kids
Facebook graphic - Learn the Basics
Facebook graphic - Learn the Basics (option 2)
With around 300 children and youth in BC looking for a forever family, you can make a difference.
- Join us at 12pm on November 23rd for Families that Fit, a Q & A town hall with Métis Family Services and the Ministry of Children and Family Development. Watch here.
- #AdoptionAwarenessMonth. Facebook it, tweet it, Instagram it, pin it. Don't forget to follow us @BCAdopt on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter.
- Donate to AFABC and help us continue to provide programs and services in your community for families and kids! Your donation also helps us create new programs. Donate online now!
- Host an AFABC fundraiser for your birthday or special event! Learn more about hosting a fundraiser.
Celebrate adoptive families by attending one of the many events happening in BC!
Help Us Help Kids
Donate today and help us help the over 1,000 kids in BC waiting for a family.