Become an AFABC partner and help us fund one of our many programs.
Each year, AFABC recognizes individuals and businesses who have shown outstanding support towards the adoption and permanency community in BC.
The Adoption Awards will be presented at our Annual General Meeting on June 22, 2021.
To make a nomination for one of the following awards, or to submit a name for the Helen Mark Excellence in Adoption Award, please carefully read the nomination guidelines, fill out the nomination form, and attach any supporting documents.
The deadline for nominations is June 4, 2021.
- Anyone (except members of the selection committee) can make a nomination. You may not nominate yourself.
- Nominators may make multiple nominations by submitting multiple forms.
- Nominations must be submitted by June 4, 2021.
- Awards are open to all nominees who meet the criteria specified below.
- Nominees may only be considered for one award category per year.
- Award winners from 2018, 2019, or 2020 are not eligible to win again in the same category.
- Current AFABC staff and board members are not eligible to be nominated for an award.
- The selection committee will consist of AFABC staff and board members.
- All nominees will be notified of the winners before the awards ceremony at AFABC’s Annual General Meeting on June 22, 2021.
Adoption Champion Award
The volunteer award. This award is given to recognize the hard work and dedication of an individual volunteer or group of volunteers who have made an outstanding personal contribution to AFABC and/or to adoption and permanency in BC.
Adoption in Action Award
The best employer for adoption award. This award recognizes a business or organization that empowers its employees to pursue adoption, especially by supporting new adoptive parents with benefits and/or family services.
Individual Spirit Award
The individual donor award. This award recognizes a donor who has made a significant and meaningful financial contribution to AFABC and/or to adoption and permanency in BC.
Business Spirit Award
The corporate donor award. This award recognizes an organization or business that has made significant cash or in-kind donations to AFABC and/or to adoption and permanency in BC.
Helen Mark Excellence in Adoption Award
The lifetime achievement award. This award recognizes an individual or organization's lifelong contribution to the adoption and permanency community in BC. Note: Only AFABC staff, board members, and members of the awards selection committee may nominate but anyone is welcome to submit a name for consideration.
Recognize an individual or organization that has made a difference.
Past award recipients
This year's recipients have made equal parental benefits, helped parents travel to meet the newest members of their family, allowed us to develop programs, and volunteered their time. These are our adoption heroes.