Support the bursary program by donating to the Howard Legacy Youth Fund.
Congratulations to our 2017 bursary winners! Applications are now being accepted for 2018. Deadline to apply is April 30th, 2018!
The Howard Legacy Youth Fund was established with a donation from Peggy Howard in 2012, and is made available to applicants who are current or former youth in care.
AFABC Youth Bursary was established in 2014, with funding from the Adoptive Families Association of BC, and accepts applications from youth who have joined their family by legal adoption.
- Application deadline is April 30, 2018. Completed applications will be accepted, by mail or electronic delivery, until midnight on April 30, 2018. No late applicants will be considered. Winners will be announced June 1, 2017.
- All approved applications, (completed, meeting all eligibility requirements and submitted on time) will be forwarded for an initial screening process. The strongest applicants will be presented to the selection committee.
- Bursary applicants can apply for either (or both) AFABC bursary fund, but may only be chosen for one award per year.
- Previous AFABC bursary award recipients are permitted to re-apply in a new bursary year.
- All AFABC program clients are permitted to apply for either AFABC bursary.
- Current AFABC staff, board members, committee members, contractors and their respective children are not eligible to apply for either AFABC bursary.
- Former AFABC staff, board members, committee members, contractors and their respective children are eligible to apply for either AFABC bursary, 12 months after their organizational role has concluded.
Please see individual application forms for details of eligibility requirements for the bursary of your choice.
***Our application forms are currently being updated. Please check back soon to view the revised applications.***
Have questions? Check out our frequently asked questions page
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Tanika at email@example.com or 604-320-7330 ext 135.