FASD & Me: Strengthening my community
Adopt4Life (Ontario's Adoptive, Kin and Customary Care Association) created the bilingual FASD & Me program to celebrate children and youth with FASD and their families. This program aims to foster a more inclusive community, inviting teachers, extended family members, neighbours, and supporters to play an active role in providing effective assistance.
Led by Nancy Lockwood, Director of Adopt4Life’s AFCCA Family Supports Program and an accomplished FASD Consultant and educator, this webinar promises to be an invaluable resource for enhancing our collective ability to support those with FASD.
This is what you will walk away with:
- Understanding of common strengths and challenges among individuals with FASD
- Evidence-based strategies to support children and youth with FASD
- Knowledge of how to leverage individual strengths to overcome brain-based challenges
- Understanding of how to use our FASD & Me book to create personalized plans for children with FASD or suspected FASD, maximizing their potential
- Other resources to empower you to make a positive impact on the lives of those affected by FASD
More about the facilitator: With over 25 years of invaluable experience, Nancy Lockwood is a respected authority in the field of FASD. She serves as the Director of Adopt4Life’s AFCCA Family Supports Program, a pioneering initiative backed by the Ontario government. Nancy's extensive contributions span consultancy, education, and management roles, making her a sought-after voice in the FASD community.
Format: Via Zoom
Audience: FASD families and community supporters
When: Tuesday, Oct. 3, 2023, from 9:30 to 11:00 am Pacific Time
Fee: No fee
Login info: Webinar login information will be provided to you one day prior to each workshop session.
Contact: Registrar 604-320-7330 ext.187 or email@example.com