Stay in touch with the latest adoption news in BC and Canada! Sign up for our monthly enews.
During the application process
BC's Post Adoption Assistance program provides support for children adopted through MCFD who are designated as having special needs. The program provides two methods of financial support - a basic maintenance payment and coverage for specific services such as respite, therapy or equipment. Your adoption worker will be able to provide you with information relevant to your family’s unique circumstances.
To find out more about PAA, eligibility, and available benefits, visit: http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/life-events/births-adoptions/adoptions...
Revenue Canada offers both a federal and provincial credit to BC adoptive parents.
Adoptive parents may claim eligible adoption expenses, provided the costs were incurred during the adoption period, and that the child was 18 years or under.
Eligible expenses include:
- Fees paid to an adoption agency licensed by a provincial or territorial government.
- Court, legal and administrative expenses.
- Reasonable travel and living expenses for the child and the adoptive parents.
- Document translation fees.
- Mandatory fees paid to a foreign institution.
- Any other reasonable expenses required by a provincial or territorial government or an adoption agency licensed by a provincial or territorial government.
For current tax information, contact your accountant or visit: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/
Check out the financial options bursaries available to you and your child.
Want to chat about adoption?
Our adoption support coordinators are happy to answer any questions you may have.