Family camp subsidies
Wherever you are in adoption, we've been there too.
This year, AFABC is offering two Family Camps: Camp Homewood on Quadra Island, and Timberline in Maple Ridge. Since we cannot be all everywhere around the province at once, we are happy to support other groups who can offer camps that align with our mission to support all adoptive families. The AFABC Board of Directors understands that families needs support as they navigate their adoption jouney and has dedicated funding to support local community camps. This year's recipients are:
- African Heritage Camp - Camp Homewood, Quadra Island, April 2018
- Kamloops Family Camp - Shuswap Lake, June 2018
- Mehaber Family Camp - Kootenays, August 2018
- Zajac Ranch - Individual Subsidy, August 2018
- Families with Children from China - Sechelt, August 2018
What the program does
AFABC offers funding to community groups coordinating camps that support adoptive families. AFABC also coordinates Adoptive Family Camps around the province where and when we have staff or volunteers available to organize and run these events. But we realize we cannot be everywhere and we are happy to support other groups who can offer camps that align with our mission and mandate to support adoptive families.
This year, AFABC has dedicated funding to support these community camps. Additionally, AFABC may be able to assist with funding for a child or youth to participate in a camp specific to their individual needs.
- Up to $500 to cover or subsidize registration cost for children.
- Assistance with promotion through our website, Facebook groups, Focus on Adoption magazine, monthly enews, and regional contact lists.
- Application deadline: March 31, 2017.
Contact Dianna at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-694-1222.