Parents will discover:
- the six most common adoption stuck-spots
- the complexities of adoption
- the adopted teen's quest for identity
- how therapy may help the adoptive families learn and grow together.
Therapists and clinicians will discover:
- a broad knowledge base on adoption
- a step-by-step assessment process
- clinical intervention strategies
- a wealth of case histories
- treatment resources and therapy tools
- writing and art therapy samples.
Jen's Pick: This is one of the best books on understanding adopted teens. It deals openly and in plain language with the issues that affect all teens and those that are specific to adopted teens. Debbie Riley is a frequent and engaging speaking and author on teen adoption.