Highlighting the fascinating link between a childs neurological development and the way a parent reacts to misbehavior, No-Drama Discipline provides an effective, compassionate road map for dealing with tantrums, tensions, and tears-without causing a scene. Defining the true meaning of the d word to instruct, not to shout or reprimand, the authors explain how to reach your child, redirect emotions, and turn a meltdown into an opportunity for growth. By doing so, the cycle of negative behavior and punishment is essentially brought to a halt, as problem solving becomes a win-win situation.
Inside this sanity-saving guide you'll discover:
- strategies that help parents identify their own discipline philosophy
- and master the best methods to communicate the lessons they are trying to impart
- facts on child brain development-and what kind of discipline is most appropriate and constructive at all ages and stages
- the way to calmly and lovingly connect with a child-no matter how extreme the behavior-while still setting clear and consistent limits
- tips for navigating your children through a tantrum to achieve insight, empathy, and repair
- twenty discipline mistakes even the best parents make-and how to stay focused on the principles of whole-brain parenting and discipline techniques
Complete with candid stories and playful illustrations that bring the authors suggestions to life, No-Drama Discipline shows you how to work with your childs developing mind, peacefully resolve conflicts, and inspire happiness and strengthen resilience in everyone in the family.