Subscribe to Focus on Adoption magazine.
Since our inception over 40 years ago, there have been enormous changes in adoption. We are proud of our contribution to positive change in adoption policy and practice, and we couldn't have done it without you.
Here are some ways that you can take action:
- Become a media volunteer with AFABC. We are looking for adoptive families, adoptees, and birth families, who would be willing to share their family stories or speak about adoption on TV, radio, and/or press events in the coming year. Interested? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-320-7330 ext 108 for more details.
- Raise awareness. Change your email signature, post on Facebook and social media, share your story. There are lots of different ways to spread the word about adoption and waiting children and youth.
- Connect with your community. From a flash mob, bulletin board ad, or a family walk, there are numerous ways you can engage with other members of your community to get the discussion about adoption started.
- Engage your employer. Is your workplace adoption friendly? Do they offer any benefits for adoptive parents - parental leave, salary top ups, funding? Then nominate them for our Adoption in Action award as a thank you! Are they lacking in benefits? Talk to them about creating some!
- Talk to the government. Write to your local MLA or MP asking them to make adoption issues a priority.
- Share your story. Organize a presentation on how adoption has touched your life and share it at your work/school/mall/community centre.
Join our community
Show your support for the work we do by becoming a member.
Lend a hand
Help our organization by volunteering your time.